Can you take a meal while hearing a 60Hz sound?
- There are increasing complaints about low-frequency noises from factories
and construction sites these days.
- High-frequency noises can be shut out by acoustic barriers, but low-frequency
noises go over them and go into rooms with only slight reduction.
- Low-frequency noises come around behind buildings, come through glass windows, reflect at concrete walls, and make uncomfortable noises. They may cause mental and physical damage to the neighbors. By just hearing a 60Hz sound for a few minutes, people would lose their appetite.
- When there is a periodic sound noise (sin wave) and once people get conscious
of it, they are getting more and more annoying. Some countries impose a
penalty for such a periodic sound noise.
- Once a low-frequency noise is emitted. it would be really hard to control
and reduce it.
- To settle this problem is to stop emitting, or to cancel the noise by an
inverse phase sound near the noise outlet. That is damping a sound by another
- It is effective to use ANC (Active Noise Control) technology to resolve
those noise problems.
Here is some actual site applying ANC.
High-frequency sound: Reflecting at walls and damping at glass windows.
Low-frequency sound: Coming over walls and passing through glass windows.
For interested clients
- Contact us for further information. Our experienced staff supports you.
- We measure and analyze the noise at the site, and examine the possibilities
of ANC effect.
- We check out the efficacy of ANC by using an experiment system.
- We tailor-make an ANC system in a special case.
- We conduct a periodic inspection after the system installation.
- Rental is available.